Monday, June 28, 2010

Vegan Bodybuilding



I found a GREAT way to celebrate Father's Day for my hubby! A few months ago my husband, I and our two youngest children made a trip to Farm Sanctuary for their annual Hoe Down. It was an amazing experience! So many wonderful farm animals that are truly happy and healthy in a natural environment was just incredible to see. UNBELIEVABLE food and intriguing speakers... I could go on and on but I will save that for another post. But, while we were there we met Robert Cheeke. Who is like the most well known vegan body builder out there...but, we didn't realize that at the time. We just thought he was a really nice guy that was very personable and sweet with the kids. On the way home though I stumbled across a web posting about him and told my husband who he was. His reaction? TOTAL disappointment and not having known that when we were at the sanctuary. You see my husband is very athletic, loves to work out etc... and finding out he missed an opportunity to speak with Robert about this common interest sucked for him. Soooo, being the awesome wife that I am I found out what his speaking schedule was for his new book Vegan Bodybuilding and Fitness was and when a date came up to see him at Animal Acres on Father's Day I jumped on it.Well, the hubby enjoyed seeing Robert speak and he was amazingly thoughtful. I had emailed Robert about us coming down to Animal Acres and he brought a bag of vegan protein powders and other vegan bodybuilding goodies for Cory (that's the hubby's name). He also told us about a new documentary that is due out this year... FORKS OVER KNIVES.

No comments:

Post a Comment