Sunday, July 10, 2011

Seriously...

I'm so not a damn blogger... I have failed my 3 followers. One in particular who actually had a request for raw food recipes and it took me 7 months to even publish his comment. Why can't I get going on this? I believe in it... I want to do it... I can find a hundred a one excuses... But, that won't get a blog written.

Soooo I have been busy. Two toddlers, a dog, a puppy, a husband, two pre-teens and school! Which by the way I'm almost finished with school. I have about 9 months left and I will be a REGISTERED Holistic Nutritionist! So excited. I am going to do private consulting to start. The name of my consulting business is HOLISTIC HEATLH and the business cards are on the way!! I am classified now as a Holistic Nutritionist but being registered will be nice. I can be recognized by the board blah, blah, blah.

As far as an apology goes... How about a REALLY YUMMY recipe?!

NOTSO CHEESE DIP (vita-mix not required but definitely recommended)

2 cups water
1/4 cup cooked white beans, drained (cannelloni etc.)
1/2 jar of roasted red peppers
1 cup nutritional yeast
3 Tbls cornstarch
1 Tbls lemon juice
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 heaping teaspoon cumin
1/4 cup salsa
1/8 teaspoon chili powder

Put all ingredients in vita mix and blend until smooth. Pour mixture into medium sauce pan and heat whisking constantly until mixture thickens.

SOOOO easy SOOOO yummy!! Use it as a dip for corn chips or use it as a cheese sauce for vegan nacho night.

Hope you enjoy! Hope to be back soon!

Also, a friend of mine and fellow vegan just started her own blog http://planthappylife.blogspot.com. Check it out for other yummy recipes!

1 comment:

  1. Aww, thanks for the shout out! I'll have to try your version of "Notso Cheese." Love the name! Nutritional yeast is such a lifesaver.

    ReplyDelete